The right embroidery needle really matters! Organ needles are Gunold's sole needle offering because they are simply the best available. Both the quality and selection of this brand name needle are outstanding. For fantasic embroidery, the correct needle is just as important as the base fabric and embroidery thread.. With Organ’s there is always an ideal needle for any embroidery material.
- Highly polished, surgical steel needles.
- Extra-large eyes for easier threading.
- Larger shafts for decreased deflection.
- Less thread breakage.
- Less skipped stitches.
- Increased needle durability.
How to find the right embroidery needle
- Needle Size: The needle size must be correct for the weight and texture of the material to be embroidered.
- Needle Point: The needle point, whether a sharp needle or ballpoint needle, must also be carefully chosen so it's appropriate for the materials.
Embroidery Needle Sizes and Types and Applications
- Standard Point Needles(uncoded): Suitable for densely-woven fabrics like denim, twill, corduroy, etc.
- Medium ball point needles (SES): Suitable for light and heavyweight fabrics, densely-woven knits, fleece and terrycloth. Extremely efficient if you change embroidery materials frequently.
- Large ball point needles (SUK): Suitable for densely-woven knits with a loose weave, knit fabrics and thick sweatshirt materials. The large ballpoints separate the mesh and guarantee great embroidery results on loosely woven materials.