ORGAN® Embroidery Needles
The right embroidery needle really matters! Organ needles are our sole needle offering because they are simply the best available. Not only is the quality outstanding, but they provide an extensive product line to meet a variety of needs. For creative projects the right needle is as important as the base fabric and embroidery thread being used. With Organ’s there is always an ideal needles for any embroidery material.
- Highly polished, surgical steel needles.
- Extra-large eyes for easier threading.
- Larger shafts for decreased deflection.
- Less thread breakage.
- Less skipped stitches.
- Increased needle durability.
How to find the right embroidery needle
Every fabric requires a specific type and size of embroidery needle. It’s important to consider these important needle characteristics:
- Needle Size: The needle size must be correct for the weight and texture of the material to be embroidered.
- Needle Point: The needle point, whether a sharp needle or ballpoint needle, must also be carefully chosen so it's appropriate for the materials.
The finer the embroidery thread and the sheerer the fabric, the smaller the needle size should be. The thicker the embroidery thread, the larger the needle size should be, because the needle's eye must be larger to accommodate the thread.
Tip: Slip the thread into a needle outside of the machine. Hold the thread horizontal and fairly taut on both ends. Then let the needle slide down by alternately lifting the right and left hand. If the needle slides easily down the thread, the needle size is correct.
Embroidery Needle Sizes and Types and Applications
When choosing a needle consider tip shapes. For perfect embroidery results, three different categories are available:
- Standard Point Needles(uncoded): Suitable for densely-woven fabrics like denim, twill, corduroy, etc.
- Medium ball point needles (SES): Suitable for light and heavyweight fabrics, densely-woven knits, fleece and terrycloth. Extremely efficient if you change embroidery materials frequently.
- Large ball point needles (SUK): Suitable for densely-woven knits with a loose weave, knit fabrics and thick sweatshirt materials. The large ballpoints separate the mesh and guarantee great embroidery results on loosely woven materials.